At the Eco Centre, we want to encourage and support our community to recycle problem packaging. Whilst we all try to reduce our reliance on plastic packed items, there are some products you still can’t buy without the need for single use plastic.
To help tackle this, we offer a number of free recycling schemes to the public that turn the packaging back into raw materials which get reused for new products. Below is a list of the schemes we offer, clearly showing what we can and can’t accept.
The community recycling hub is run by volunteers for the community, it is a free service and we ask that you are ultra vigilant in respecting our Recycling Etiquette to make sure we can recycle as much as possible.
Our community service is free to use, all we ask is that you follow some simple rules to aid our volunteers:
Before you get here
- Check that the recycling scheme status is open (we may pause busy schemes from time to time)
- Please wash/rinse all donated items
- Please ensure no food waste or liquids are present on the packaging
- Remove all paper and plastic labels where possible
- If you have a lot of recycling, please call ahead to let us know
When you are here
- Empty the packaging into the correct bins, which are clearly labelled
- If you are unsure about an item, please ask one of our team for help
- Bags should not be left without our permission
- If a bin is full, items should not be placed in another scheme’s bin, please ask for help
- We only accept donations when we are open (Tuesday – Saturday)
- Please do not leave recycling by the gate
Click on an image to enlarge it, please feel free to print off these bin labels for your home or a collection point at school or work, ready to bring to us on your next visit.
We have a bin that corresponds to each scheme leaflet, so you may find it easier to separate items into the correct schemes before arriving. Again, if you are unsure please ask one of our volunteers for advice on site or phone ahead: 01889 560986