About the opportunity
This will involve cleaning and sorting the plastic, shredding it and using an extruder, injection and compression oven machine, training will be provided on all. We are also looking for creative ideas for other ways we can use the plastic to craft with.
The recycling workshop will also host educational sessions and volunteers may be required to support the sessions on an ad hoc basis.
In return we can provide training and support to learn new skills within crafting and recycling plastics, as well as opportunities to design new products and get involved with some of the other craft and gardening sessions happening on site at the Eco Centre.
About The Globe Foundation
Delivering horticultural and sustainable projects, we provide education, awareness and action to create a better well-being and ecological environment for all.
What are they looking for?
• Volunteers will be cleared through the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) where this applicable
• Volunteers may come into contact with young people and vulnerable adults.
• Volunteers will be invited to take part in relevant induction and training and participate in two-way communication
• Additional training will be provided, where this is required
• Reasonable expenses covered (e.g. refreshments).
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.